The smoke of the cigarette is composed of following toxins
1. Nicotine: the most toxic of substance in cigarette is 20 mg in a normal cigarette.
2. Carbon monoxide: 1 to 2.5% in the cigarette smoke, is present in the smoke released from motors, it obstructs respiration and causes death.
3. Carcinogens: cause of cancer.
4. Acids that evaporate: Phosphoric acid, aletic acid, benz volk acid. All these acids are categorized as highly toxic.
5. Phenols and alcohol: This is a caustic poison. It burns live collagen. Causes bouts of cough.
6. Cresol: Is 4 times more toxic as phenols.
7. Cyanide: it 2 to 3 drops are smelled, death occurs.
8. Arsenic: it used to kill insects and wild animals. An animal dies a drastic death on earth.
9. Ammonia: Is used in chemical fertilizers and explosive materials, one feels suffocated. It damages lungs and is a cause of permanent disability.
10. Coal tar: It damages the inner mucosal lining of lungs. One cigarette reduces life by almost 18 minutes.
(Principal (r) Ghulam Qadir huraaj, Jhang Saddar)